Prattles are an Elven candy, a sweet, caramel chew that comes with a collectible pin. Sophie was introduced to these candies by Dex Dizznee in the first book, which he gave her one after they licked their DNA locker slips at Foxfire. Many elves are obsessed with trying to collect all the pins, which they can also trade with others. Prodigies at Foxfire popped bubbles containing prizes during midterms in the 1st book and Sophie caught a box of Prattles. The number on a pin changes as the population of that species decreases or increases, there is one pin for every animal which makes some more rare than others. Prattles are common gifts during midterms and finals. Most elves like eating Prattles, and even Amy ate six boxes of Prattles while in Atlantis.
Prattles pins are collectible, one made for every known animal alive. For example, at the time of Exile, there were only two Alicorn pins for the two Alicorns alive, making them the rarest pins ever (so far). The Black Swan frequently uses them as clues for what Sophie should do next, for example one time giving her a pin made from a certain metal that she could use to bottle Everblaze. Sophie is known to possess the first of two Alicorn pins, given to her as a clue from the Black Swan. The reason Sophie was able to get a rare Moonlark pin was because Calla had heard that a new baby Moonlark had been born, and she asked a friend at the Prattles bakery to save the box for her.
Pins Sophie Foster Currently Has Edit
- A Unicorn pin (given to her by Dex in Book 1)
- A Flareadon pin (from the Black Swan, used to bottle Everblaze in Book 1).
- Two Moonlark pins (given by the Black Swan, used to bottle Everblaze in Book 1, and given to Sophie by Calla in Neverseen.).
- An Alicorn pin (given by the Black Swan in Book 2: Exile).
- A Moonlark pin (given by Calla in Book 4: Neverseen).
- A Boobrie pin (caught from a bubble after midterms in Book 5: Lodestar).
- A Gorgonops pin (given by Amy in Book 6: Nightfall)