The following is a list of policies that are meant to ensure everyone accessing and participating in the Keeper of the Lost Cities Wiki can have an enjoyable and safe experience. By implementing these policies, admins and all other wiki users are to be held accountable to a set of standards as deemed appropriate by admins and major contributors to this wiki.
Current Major Contributors:
All policies are put in place to ensure everyone can enjoy this wiki and the information/ community it offers. As long as you are polite, positive, and respectful of others there will be no problems with what you are doing. We all love Keeper of the Lost Cities so let's make sure we remain a happy, healthy, and welcoming community!
- Bullying and other negative or potentially hurtful comments are not tolerated under any circumstances. They will be deleted. If you notice a problem with bullying that has not been resolved please inform one of the active admins or major contributors.
- We are all users who share the same love for KotLC, be kind to everyone as we're all one friendly community.
- This wiki is safe for everyone so please make sure all edits and comments have suitable content for everyone. Any inappropriate content will either be edited out or removed.
- Any adding of information or commenting is best if it doesn't contain any threats, mentions of harm, suicide, killing or violence unrelated to the series. Our wiki is for a book series and these aren't appropriate topics and are best if left un-discussed.
- Please do not beat down other people's ships or opinions with comments like 'down with so-and-so's ship' or 'this ship is stupid'. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and just because you don't share the same opinion does not mean that you should say negative/hurtful things.
- Please make sure your comments are posted on the respective pages. Do not post a comment that is unrelated to the topic of the page, as it belongs somewhere else.
- We are a family-friendly wiki where users of all ages can log on regularly so swearing is not acceptable and any form of cursing will be edited or removed. Even some minor words which you think may be okay may make others uncomfortable.
- If arguing, ensure that what you are posting is polite, civil and not hurtful towards others. Arguing is allowed with the extent of staying friendly.
- Do not direct any arguments towards users. You are arguing against the user's comment, not the users themselves.
- All wiki pages are to be factual and contain only information directly from the books or Shannon Messenger's official social media sites. Please do not edit pages to include opinions or theories unless a section for theories is available (for example: 'Suspected Neverseen Members' section can include theories).
- All edits to wiki pages are expected to be informative and helpful as to growing the page. Any edits in a form of vandalizations, removing content, adding comments, opinionated edits, etc., will be undone and the user will get a consequence.
- All content from pages are needed to be directly acquired from books or from the author. (Ex. Social Media, Personal Blog or website, etc.) Please refrain from adding information from second-hand sources like online social media or websites that aren't directly from the author or first hand information.
- In terms of consistency, since the Keeper books are originated in America, American editions, customs and spellings are preferred as the final source on spelling and phrases. An example of this are things like usage of alternate spellings like "colour" would be spelled "color". We should try to keep it all even with the American version when applicable.
- Before creating a page, please ensure that the page has not already been created so we don't end up with duplicates. Any doubles will be deleted depending on the amount of information on the pages and some content can be transferred if one is to be deleted.
- If you are to make a page, kindly keep it factual and not opinionated. All information is to be proven and not someone's personal preferences. Any opinions will be removed.
- Please do not make a page about one of your theories (as mentioned in "Editing Policies."). All pages should be factual and, unfortunately, theory pages aren't informative. Suggestions are to create blog posts, forum discussions or comment.
- Please do not make a page about your own fan fiction or post fan art on any official page. If want to do so, then you can make blog posts about them or place them on your user page. You will receive a note on your wall informing you of the future deletion and will get a duration of 24 hours in order to copy the content onto personal pages.
- All non-factual pages will be removed. Pages containing uninformative content are subjected to deletion as they don't benefit our wiki. Admins will look through history to find the original user and will explain on message walls.
- All wiki pages are expected to be related to the Keeper concept in terms of being factual and being mentioned in the series itself. Any pages with no connection to the books will be deleted as they aren't meant for this wiki.
Warnings and Blocking
Only admins are able to block users. The following are warnings and responses that admins may use against users who break the rules and policies that are stated on this page.
- A first warning politely telling the user what they did wrong and asking them not to do it again. It appears on a message wall like this:
# More than one additional warnings. These may result to blocking. (See numbers 3-6) It appears on a message wall like this:
|<center>Additional Warning</center><center>If you have recieved this on your message wall, then you have been warned before. Please review the KoTLC Wiki Policies and Guidelines If you have recieved this same warning more than once, it may result to blocking. Please follow the rules and guidelines of this wiki. Thank you.|
- Blocks of 1 to 7 days will be done for for minor violations, if the user continuously breaks the rules.It appears on a message wall like this:
|<center>Blocking of 1 to 7 Days</center><center>If you have received this, please know that you will be blocked for 1 to 7 days due to committing a minor violation. This is temporary.Please review the KoTLC Wiki Policies and Guidelines. Thank you..|
# Blocks of 1 to 4 weeks will be done for more serious violations.It appears on a message wall like this:
|<center>Blocking of 1 to 4 Weeks</center><center>If you have received this, please know that you will be blocked for 1 to 4 weeks due to committing a more serious violation to the rules compared to a minor violation. This is temporary.Please review the KoTLC Wiki Policies and Guidelines. Thank you..|
- Blocks of 1 or more months will be done for worse and even more serious violations.It appears on a message wall like this:
|<center>'Blocking of 1 or More Months</center><center> If you have received this, please know that you will be blocked for 1 or more months due to committing a much more serious violation to the rules compared to a serious or minor violation. This is temporary.Please review the KoTLC Wiki Policies and Guidelines. Thank you.. Please review the KoTLC Wiki Policies and Guidelines. Thank you..|
# Permanent blocking is usually done only for the following:* Users that seriously break the rules.* Users that seriously vandalize pages, especially if the account is used for vandalizing and only vandalizing.It appears on a message wall like this:
|<center>Permanent Blocking</center><center> You will be blocked permanently from this wiki in a matter of days. Please contact an admin if you have any statements to defend your reason to not be banned from this wiki. Thank you..|